Technical Writer (Kotlin)
We are looking for an experienced technical writer who is passionate about programming. As a successful hire, you will help us in authoring and maintaining documentation for the Kotlin programming language and tooling. You will work with different Kotlin development teams to identify and prioritize tasks and with other technical writers and proofreaders to produce world-class documentation for a global audience.
You will join a motivated team of professionals, which have successfully helped Kotlin become a first-class language explicitly recommended by Google for Android development, win the prestigious OSCON Breakthrough of the Year award, and be voted the most-loved language in multiple worldwide large-scale community surveys such as the GitHub Octoverse and StackOverflow Developer Survey. Join us to be a part of this and help us achieve even more.
- Collaborate with product management, product marketing, and technical support to understand user needs and documentation requirements.
- Work closely with development teams to get a clear understanding of how Kotlin products work.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation for developer audiences, such as language guides, API references, tutorials, etc.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing.
- At least 3 years of experience working for IT companies.
- Experience in writing software documentation, documentation for APIs, SDKs, or other technical end-user materials.
- Hands-on programming experience with Kotlin or other programming languages.
- Good understanding of programming fundamentals, software engineering concepts and processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent English.
Part of the JetBrains family, Kotlin is a modern multiplatform programming language known for its concise syntax and pragmatic design. Kotlin provides ample opportunities for code-sharing and code-reuse between multiple projects on multiple platforms, as well as concurrent programming and productive development. Our aim is to make Kotlin one of the most used programming languages.
At JetBrains, code is our passion. For over 20 years, we’ve been striving to make the strongest, most effective developer tools. By automating routine checks and corrections, our tools speed up coding and software development, freeing you to grow, discover, and create.
Choose your office
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Berlin, Germany
- Munich, Germany
To apply for this job please visit www.jetbrains.com.