Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Alameda, CA location in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division, where we are focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- The Sr Technical Writer is responsible for writing troubleshooting guidelines (TSG) for new products and making changes to existing guidelines.
- Work with internal and external teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products and how they are used by our customers to development effective TSG documentation for use within complaint handling and customer service system.
- Lead TSG review sessions with global cross functional team to discuss content and logic.
- Must create documentation that meets the requirements of the entire group of TSG stakeholders, allowing each stakeholder to maintain accountability to their respective departments’ goals.
- Resolve complex TSG changes related to field actions, customer complaints, CAPA, new partnership integration etc. by utilizing in depth product knowledge and analytical thinking and consideration of any impact to stakeholders’ processes.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text to assist with trouble shooing user’s issues
- Must provide synthesized documentation and all supporting elements and tasks related to script implementation, and is critical to the successful implementation of scripts into the Customer Complaint software.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Actively identify and make recommendations for improvement in the documentation and review process.
- Demonstrate superior attention to detail in ensuring that final documents are usable and of high quality and in compliance with existing policies and procedures
- Proactively inform management about project status, issues, or concerns.
- Maintain thorough records of work and revisions; contribute to department logs
- Mentors and trains new/ junior team members
- Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) in Science, Medical Technology or equivalent technical degree. An equivalent combination of education and work experience suffices
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a related area such as R&D, Technical Product Development, or Quality in a healthcare industry.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to writing and communication.
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to handle a large volume of projects simultaneously and meet deadlines as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Strong problem-solving skills, displaying a logical and organized approach to resolving issues
- Highly motivated, positive, can-do attitude, capable of handling new/unknown requests and challenging situations with ease
- Must be highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Technical aptitude for learning new tools and systems.
- Strong knowledge of survey design and best practices
- Team player with strong inter-personal and communications skills
- Customer-centric mindset to ensure you understand their requirements, anticipate their challenges, and develop tailored solutions accordingly
- Technical Writing certification
- Experience in a regulated environment, Medical Device company or High Tech. company
- Experience in leading meetings and working groups with cross functional teams on a global level.
- Proficient use of MS Office tolls such as MS Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in leading process improvements initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- FINANCIAL SECURITY through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- HEALTH CARE AND WELL-BEING PROGRAMS including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- PAID TIME OFF
- 401(K) retirement savings with a generous company match
- THE STABILITY OF A COMPANY with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR BENEFITS THAT ADD REAL VALUE TO YOUR LIFE TO HELP YOU LIVE FULLY: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.abbott.