Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Internal Technical Writers work on documentation and other materials used by Snowflake’s world-class engineering teams. In this role, you will create and review infrastructure/developer documentation, define processes for maintaining this documentation, and provide guidance to help engineers improve their writing skills. Working in a fast-paced and challenging CI/CD environment, you will experience the satisfaction of improving the developer experience at Snowflake while facilitating a weekly release cycle and helping ensure the highest standards for coding quality and practices.
- Create the foundation and roadmap for an internal writing team to meet the needs of a rapidly-growing engineering org, with the opportunity to hire and eventually manage the team.
- Identify and respond to the information needs of Snowflake engineers.
- Design and implement the information architecture and strategies for internal documentation, including solutions for content management and search/discoverability.
- Define processes for writing internal documentation (guides, architectural overviews, training materials, API references, etc) across engineering teams, including RDBMS Kernel, Networking, Security, Application/Client Software, UX, DevOps, Release, and more.
- Work with TPMs (technical program managers) and engineers to ensure all components of the SDLC (software development lifecycle) are well-documented and the documentation is easy to find and use.
- Establish and encourage good internal documentation practices and standards.
- Help engineers improve their writing skills for both internal and external documentation.
- Applicable Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years creating technical documentation for internal engineering teams.
- Expertise in project management, with the ability to initiate, implement, and maintain multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work.
- Experience with using and documenting any of the following:
- Programming languages/APIs, particularly Python, Go.
- Expert ability to create, manage and maintain technical diagrams with minimal guidance.
- Source control and CI/CD technologies (Git, Jenkins, Lambda, etc).
- Best practices for software development, testing, and release management
- Experience with documentation solutions (content management systems, wiki systems, full-text search, etc).
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- Exposure to Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc).
- Exposure to SQL and RDBMS technologies (Oracle, Teradata, Redshift, SQL Server, etc).
- Knowledge of open source development/management tools (Swagger, DITA, etc).
- Comfortable working within a complex code base across multiple teams and dependencies in a fast-paced and sometimes chaotic development environment.
- Proven self-starter with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experience building relationships with SMEs and engineers.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $117,000 – $172,500.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.