Website GovernmentCIO GovCIO
We use IT to help government agencies work smarter and faster so they can focus on what’s really important- serving citizens.
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
- Translates complex data into user-friendly text for print and electronic publications, such as technical journals, user and training manuals, government proposals, websites, and podcasts.
- Gathers information through research, statistical reports, and interviews with technical staff.
- Develops cataloging systems, and maintains records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications.
- Assists in preparing material for technical seminars and business forums. May be called upon to assist in technical or business presentations in such meetings as business or customer needs require.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
Primary Responsibilities: Technical Writer
- Responsible for editing, proofreading, and providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents prepared by writers such as manuals, procedures, and specifications.
- Duties may include ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program/family goals and business results.
- Recommends and implements new solutions, processes, policies, standards in support of function’s strategy and operations.
- Provides measurable input to new solutions, processes, or standards to achieve functional/project objectives.
- Bachelor’s with 5 – 8 years (or commensurate experience)
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Required Skills and Experience
- Experienced technical writer on relevant intelligence areas.
- Experience in the IC.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Has expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques, and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Minimum 3 years working with or in the IC.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.8newsnow.com.