study 4 hours/week to finish in 10 weeks
we're always adding new lessons
95 video lessons + assignments + quizzes
The Struggle and Why YOU Should Take This Course
Early in your grant writing career, it’s easy to waste months trying to learn more skills to land grant funds. Despite all of your efforts, you’ll still be lost because you:
- You lack a formal background in grant writing
- Only find courses and boot camps offered in the industry were either too jargon-filled or lacked sufficient depth.
- Don’t didn’t have insider tips nor the right resources on how to stand out as a candidate in grant writing interviews
To become a better grant writing professional, we went down the rabbit hole to understand what it takes to build a successful grant proposal from the inside out. We interviewed thought leaders within the industry, learned the behaviors and habits of successful grant writers, and documented our own experiences writing grants. Empowered with this knowledge, we helped others land grant writers roles with great organizations.
That’s why we created the Grant Writing Certification Course so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that we went through to become more experienced to effectively land grant funds.
This course was created for aspiring grant writers or people who want to brush up on their grant writing skills. In this course, we teach the fundamentals of grant writing, how to create great grant proposals, and how to stand out in the recruiting process to land grant writing jobs.
What are you going to get from this course?
- Over 70+ lectures, 10+ downloadable grant writing templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with grant writing professionals in the industry.
- Instructor feedback on your grant proposal.
- Access to downloadable templates used by actual grant writers on the job.
- Learn the process of answering the most popular grant writing interview questions in order to stand out as a grant writing candidate.
- Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
- I have been 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with tech product leaders over time (I love all things Grant Writing and highly enjoy adding content!) and you’ll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
“This was the perfect course for me to get started in grant writing. The concepts are well-explained and the templates helped me get started right away.” – 5/5 stars
– Angel Diaz., Grant Writing student who now works as a Grant Writer
“Even though I didn’t have much experience in grant writing, this course helped guide me to the point of landing funding consistently. Thank you.”
– Victoria N, Technical Writer
“The capstone will make a great addition to my writing portfolio. I didn’t realize how much experience companies expect from their technical communication applicants, so having the writing samples and insight from this course helps A TON as someone with only one year of full-time work experience. You guys nailed it.”
Edina Kremic, Technical Writer
Josh is the founder of Technical Writer HQ and Squibler, a writing software. He is considered one of the top product influencers in ] by Product School and one of the top technical writers. He has been writing grant proposals, software tutorials, manuals, handbooks, and white papers for over eight years. He has written several books about software and another book about copywriting. His work has been praised by LinkedIn’s and Facebook’s engineering team, Reuters, Inc., and Forbes.
Choose a Pricing Option
Earn Your Certification
Grant Writing Leadership and Fundamentals
How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal
The Science to Grant Writing Proposals
Formatting Your Grant Proposals
Post Writing Organization
Presenting and Budgeting
Post-Grant Proposal Process and Resources
Certification Test and Completion
This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a grant writing background
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced grant writing professional
- You aren’t willing to spend 30 minutes every day for one month to complete course content
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about grant writing and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a grant writer role
- You are trying to determine if the grant writer role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Choose a Pricing Option
Our Alumni Work at These Companies
What the Course Looks Like
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I enroll?
+ - Are there any prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites to apply for the TWHQ’s Grant Writing Certification Course. You don’t need a grant writing or technical background to take the courses either. Having a background in writing will help you better understand the course material; however, we still encourage those who are new to writing, to still apply.
+ - When does the course start and finish?
This course is intentionally structured so it can be completed over the course of just one month. It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish, but we highly encourage you to complete at least a few videos a day so that you can finish the course at the end of a month.
+ - How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? As mentioned before, I am 100% committed to adding even more bonus content (I love all things technical writing and enjoy adding content) as well as bonus interviews with grant writing leaders. After enrolling, you will have FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all of it for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
+ - What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
+ - What is Technical Writer HQ?
Technical Writer HQ is the leading community for technical writers of all backgrounds. The training platform offers technical writing training courses to professionals looking to become better technical writers. Technical Writer HQ is a learning center for technical writing through its blog content, reports, and newsletters. Participants come from all backgrounds including teachers, product managers, engineers, and founders. The technical writing community ownership has been featured in top publications such as Forbes, Inc, and Reuters.
SHOW LESS SHOW MORE