THIS IS FOR AN IN-HOUSE POSITION, NO REMOTE WORK
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Q Link Wireless is seeking an adaptable and reliable “Technical Copywriter” who will work closely with our lead Technical Writer to produce clear and concise documentation that contributes to the overall success of the company’s goals.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, manuals, references, or instructions. This candidate should have strong communication skills which enable them to explain complicated concepts in a simple manner. This individual will also meet with customer representatives frequently in order to understand the required content.
Although the position reports to the Lead technical writer, the selected candidate may provide content writing support to other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and update customer-facing online help systems, user guides, reference guides, chat canned responses, email templates, IVR, troubleshooting guides, and other technical documentation.
- Develop a strong technical understanding of our channels and all services offered.
- Continuous improvement of technical documentation based on customer and department feedback.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Follow project schedules and deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area such as English, Communications, Journalism, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of technical writing experience in a business environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), WordPress, Dreamweaver, and Adobe RoboHelp.
- Familiar with Help Authoring tools.
- Software developer documentation a plus.
- Knowledge of Web navigation and Web mapping is a plus.
- Familiarity with structured writing, industry-standard technical writing conventions, and best practices.
- Flexibility to thrive in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
- Sharp attention to details.
- A proven track record of being able to plan, prioritize, and deliver assigned projects on time.
- Work samples or a working link to your current online portfolio.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dania, FL 33004: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Technical writing: 3 years (Required)
- Adobe Dreamweaver: 3 years (Required)
- Visio: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location