Website Skyscanner Skyscanner
We're here to help every traveller explore the world effortlessly, for generations to come.
Travel. It’s one of life’s simple pleasures. But, ooof, planning it can feel like hard work. For the last 20 years we’ve been on a mission to empower every traveller with innovative tools, insights and experiences that help people get to where they’re going, so they can spend more time out exploring the world, and less time anxiously bouncing around 25 browser tabs and endless spreadsheets. Our traveller-first approach drives everything we do and it’s never been more important than it is today.
When we launched as a flight comparison site in 2003, we changed the game by helping travellers feel smart, like they were in on a secret, that promise hasn’t changed. And today, while we’re a world leader in travel, with millions of people using our products every single day we know there’s so much more we can be doing.
Being part of Skyscanner means joining a team hell bent on building the world’s most innovative, and helpful travel experiences possible. We’re hugely ambitious and believe we have the chance to genuinely challenge and disrupt the industry.
At Skyscanner, we put the traveller first, and nowhere does that matter more than in how we communicate in our product. We’re growing our content design team in order to create best-in-class user-interface content across our website and app to develop a two-way conversation with our travellers.
We’re looking for a Principal-level Content Designer/UX Writer to join our growing content design team. At the team-lead level, you’ll be responsible for bringing a high-quality and sophisticated craft and understanding of content design to our team, as well as managing midlevel teammates and acting as a leader.
Our content design discipline is fully integrated within the larger product design team. This role reports to the Head of Content Design. Most roles at Skyscanner can be full time or part time and we look forward to discussing your preference.
- You’re a master of your craft. You’re excited to teach other content designers and driving the maturation of a growing team.
- You are a content designer, and you’re confident about explaining and evangelising content design to others.
- You can work with guided autonomy from your manager, and can communicate effectively to other managers and team leads, as well as to your reports.
- Your portfolio speaks for itself. You’ve got experience and skills in content design/ux writing, and have the projects to prove it.
- You know the importance of creating clear flows and consistent experiences while making sure that all user interactions are initiated with the same voice.
- You use a strong design process, finding out the information users need to solve a problem or complete a task in a given flow, and shapingthe content around that solution.
- You enjoy demystifying complex jargon, processes and language into something everyone can understand.
- You’ve got the ability to take constraints into account and think realistically to form proposals.
- You adapt your tone so that it’s just right for every stage along the user journey
- Highly curious, you value the importance of user research and you learn through experimentation and testing. If something isn’t working, you adapt and improve.
- Experience working with translation teams is a plus. You’re aware of content localisation best practices and how to maintain a unified voice across different languages.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing and mentoring 2 to 3 midlevel content designers.
- Being a leader within the content design discipline.
- Embedding with a product design team to create clear, helpful and concise user-interface content in the context of design projects.
- Working in our growing content design/ux writing community, and reporting to the Head of Content Design.
- Connecting the dots between products and platforms, identifying cross-over and finding solutions that create consistency.
- Acting as the point of contact and source of expertise for user experience writing and suggesting ways to improve existing processes.
- Working with product managers, engineering developers and business owners to define and deliver the best experience for travellers.
- Proactively seeking areas for improvement, communicating across teams (we call them squads and tribes) to find solutions.
- Working closely with translation teams to ensure messaging and tone of voice is kept consistent across all languages.
- Evangelising for readability, usability and creativity.
You’ll join a brilliantly diverse group from all corners of the world. After all, travel is about finding new perspectives and experiencing new people and cultures – and Skyscanner is strongest when our teams are both inclusive and diverse. We recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure all our people can thrive and be themselves.
To apply for this job please visit careerland.dk.