This role will be integral in the design of M&T’s next-generation mobile and online banking platform, working with a dedicated team of designers and researchers to both help the organization migrate off of existing platforms, as well as craft and orchestrate experiences evolutions that facilitate successful, and continuous, product-market fit. The content designer works alongside CX, Product, and Technology team members to craft meaningful messaging for digital products and services that adheres to a common strategy and vision. They will also support efforts to develop communication strategies informing customers of future changes coming to our platforms, products, and services.
- Maintain a consistent content strategy throughout the product experience, understand how customers interact with the Bank’s products, use data to inform decisions and build alignment between user experience and marketing content.
- Implement user-centered design methodologies throughout product discovery, design and development lifecycles.
- Observe and participate in user experience research and user-testing, understand and interpret results, and advocate for clear, user-orientated messaging grounded in empathy, design-thinking, and data.
- Participate in efforts to identify opportunities for ongoing enhancements using research data and metrics to inform and validate work.
- Work with Product, Business, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Compliance and Legal teams to gather information, requirements, feedback and approval on all messaging and copy.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Develop and maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable. Support change management efforts to plan, design, and launch communications informing customers and users of changes occurring to our mobile and online banking platform
- Support the development and maintenance of internal CX team processes, such as experience and content inventories, experience evolution planning, etc.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
At M&T Bank, user experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative and visually appealing products that people love. The job holder strives to learn and understand users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide design of the experiences created. The position works closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Marketers, and Business Stakeholders, contributing to efforts to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ related experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ related experience
- Background in the user experience field, preferably through an online portfolio
- Experience translating complex technology, business, and design concepts into clear and engaging copy with a strong, consistent voice
- Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces and systems-thinking
- Experience using modern design, prototyping and collaboration tools
- Strong content organization skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
- 5+ years of content design experience & content strategy experience ideal
- Experience working with UX/UI Software products & applications
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Prior experience with innovative thinking, the value of good design, and experience working with stakeholders to deliver results
- Experience supporting the full product development process, from vision to launch to iteration
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and leveraging content as a means to bring clarity to abstract ideas
- Experience creating use cases, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios, and wireframes in the context of product development
- Proficiency in industry best practices for desktop, mobile, and web applications
- Experience interacting with various multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
- Experience working with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Product Marketers
- Experience working in the financial industry
- As the Experience Team for a community bank, we believe that our “office” may be anywhere our customers and employees live, work and play. So while our team members may not be required to come into an office on a set schedule, we are expected to engage in purposeful, in-person collaboration and to be active participants in the M&T community and the communities we serve. This may require quarterly to monthly travel within the M&T Bank footprint.
- This will be a hybrid position (part in-office/part remote) that includes time spent working in-office at an M&T Bank office location, preferably in the Buffalo, NY, New York, NY, Boston, MA, Bridgeport, CT, Baltimore, MD, or Wilmington, DE areas. Depending upon the location of the final candidate and the needs of the team the position might be hybrid or possibly remote within the M&T Bank footprint (CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA or DC), with travel required as referenced above.
M&T Bank is committed to fair, competitive, and market-informed pay for our employees. The pay range for this position is $81,071.55 – $135,119.25 Annual (USD). The successful candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, and experience will inform their specific compensation.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.