Client: A leading healthcare company based in Chicago, IL
Job Description: Digital UX Writer
Location: Chicago, IL (100% Remote)
- The client is committed to investing in innovative digital experiences that improve our customers’ quality of life and interaction with us. The Digital UX Writer will play an essential role in defining and creating content for their web and mobile presence. In this role, you will plan, manage and write digital content that is relevant, engaging, usable, persuasive, consistent and searchable.
- You will work closely with business stakeholders and develop deep knowledge of healthcare subjects and audience information needs. Essentially, you will help ensure we get the right content at the right time to the right audiences – including consumers, members, providers, employers and agents/brokers.
As the Digital UX Writer, you will:
- Create app, mobile, web, SMS and email content aligned to the content strategy, search engine optimization strategy, brand’s voice and tone, business requirements and digital standards
- Present complex topics in consumer-friendly, plain language
- Ensure content is edited and approved by legal/compliance
- Work closely and collaborate with other project team members, including content strategists, visual and interaction designers, product managers and owners, strategists and UX researchers
- Work with subject matter experts to gather factual information and understand how to accurately simplify it for various audiences
- Assist with creation and maintenance of digital content guidelines, standards, tools and processes.
- Experience with app and mobile content creation and understanding best practices
- Familiarity with software development processes (e.g., waterfall, agile)
- Knack for juggling several projects, managing time efficiently and prioritizing appropriately
- At least 3 years of digital copywriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing or similar field
- Experience writing and optimizing content for a variety of content types and digital channels, including long and short-form content for web and mobile, email, SMS and push notifications
- Experience using SEO tactics and strategies to inform copy
- Firm grasp of user experience and the role of content within design in a digital environment
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment, including dealing with changing processes and priorities
- Must be extremely well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Experience working in an embedded agile product team, especially with ecommerce sites
- Familiar with content management systems
- Familiar with online tracking tools, such as Jira
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Conversant and comfortable with principles of digital design, writing and editing
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office, SharePoint
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.