Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
T-Mobile is changing the way people buy wireless by offering a more customer-focused and simplified experience. We are a customer-obsessed company, and we are also evolving into a data-driven mobile technology business. At T-Mobile, we pride ourselves on being the Un-Carrier, industry disruptors obsessed with solving our customer’s pain points.
Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us.
We are looking for a Principal Content Designer for Product, Experience Design & Innovation. In this role, you will tap into your passion for storytelling and communicate to our customers throughout the product lifecycle. You will own the development and execution of program and product content strategy to support high-visibility initiatives and will be responsible for articulating how the strategy will improve our customer experience. Key to the role is constant optimization of the content strategy across multiple channels. You will deliver a strong pipeline of high-value, relevant and engaging content that strengthens and elevates T-Mobile’s profile across customer segments. The successful candidate will guide 1-3 content designers on the team.
As a Principal Content Designer, you seek out and rely on user behavior research, usability studies, and competitive gap analysis, to create content that incites action. The successful candidate should be able to work in a fast paced, agile environment and has an overwhelming bias for action. This role collaborates on planning and execution with designers, product, and others across Marketing teams. As an integral part of our storytelling process, you’ll work on a wide range of tasks, from strategizing new content and bringing it to life, to writing UX copy and ensuring consistent tone and voice across all our platforms. Most importantly, you’ll simplify industry jargon and replace it with modern language that instills confidence with customers.
- Work closely with UX, Product, and Marketing cross-functional team members to develop content that ensures seamless user experiences that reflect the T-Mobile brand, values, tone, and prioritize the customer experience.
- Communicate complex product features and benefits in clear language to help customers understand and use T-Mobile’s products and services.
- Be a champion for the customer and work to find the happy medium between business goals and customer needs.
- Develop testing plans with research partners for content experiments in order to gather qualitative and quantitative insights to help drive iterative improvements to UI through content and design solutions.
- Creates and develops style guides and works to create content standards to help establish language and tone consistency across all platforms and experiences.
- Guides the development and optimization of content to achieve specific goals and address customer needs.
- Use knowledge of design systems and developing content at scale for web and mobile.
- Use human-centered design methods to design, craft, and test content solutions that address real customer challenges.
- Design content solutions to improve systems, overcome technical constraints, and reduce content debt.
- Identify and champion the most efficient content workflows possible.
- Organize existing content, create guidelines for future content, and ensure that all content aligns across channels. Audit content to identify strengths and weaknesses in order to optimize content strategy and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Psychology or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in content writing and user experience
- Experience driving collaboration with internal cross-functional partners to write, edit, develop or plan online and retail content
- Knowledge of design systems and developing content at scale for web and mobile
- Background in copywriting, either at an agency or in-house or experience as a UX writer
- Expert level grammar and editing abilities
- Experience with wireframes, user flows and working on mocks within design tools (ie Figma)
- Background in working through ambiguity and executing complex projects
- Previous experience in product, technology, or digital function highly preferred
- Ability to balance design quality with business and customer needs
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Travel Required (Yes/No):No
DOT Regulated Position (Yes/No):No
Safety Sensitive Position (Yes/No):No
Washington Pay Range : $122,100.00 – $165,200.00
The pay range above is the general base pay range for a successful candidate in the state listed. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. At T-Mobile, employees in regular, non-temporary roles are eligible for an annual bonus or periodic sales incentive or bonus, based on their role. Most Corporate employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at a percentage of the employee’s eligible earnings in the prior year. Certain positions in Customer Care are eligible for monthly bonuses based on individual and/or team performance, while Retail and Business Sales roles are eligible for monthly or quarterly sales incentives. And since we are ALL owners, EVERY employee at T-Mobile is eligible for an Annual Stock Grant. For information about T-Mobile’s amazing benefits, check out https://careers.t-mobile.com/culture-and-benefits/
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.