About Ping Identity:
At Ping Identity, we’re changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we’re helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We call this digital freedom. And it’s not just something we provide our customers. It’s something that drives our company. People don’t come here to join a culture that’s built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We’re headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn’t be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
Are you a technical writer who’s able to see the big picture?
Are you interested in explaining how products fit together to solve business problems?
If your answer to these questions is “yes,” then Ping Identity is looking for you. We’ve entered an exciting new phase in our knowledge management journey and are focused on expanding our talented, dynamic content development team. We’re looking for writers who can be deeply technical while putting themselves into the mind of the customer.
We are looking for a Senior Technical API Writer. You will bring passion, creativity, and desire to a thriving content development group that values collaboration, technical skills, and accuracy. You will report to one of our Technical Writing Managers.
· Create comprehensive technical documentation for a wide audience, including solution architects, security administrators, and developers.
· Stay current on identity security technology and Ping Identity product releases.
· Manage revisions to existing API documentation and create documentation for new APIs or new use cases.
· Resolve reported documentation issues.
· Identify new documentation needs or opportunities.
· Work with lead writers, developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to determine project requirements.
· Work with other writers to build a center of excellence for knowledge management at Ping.
· Develop documentation plans and schedules.
· Achieve and maintain relevant product knowledge.
· Maintain consistency in tone and style.
· Stay informed about industry writing trends and knowledge management needs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or a related field, OR BA in Computer Science, Information Systems and equivalent experience working in a technical writing position.
- 10 years of experience documenting, testing, and developing API documentation.
- Experience with REST and Java APIs.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Ability and initiative to learn new tools and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- An eye for improving existing work.
- Write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Identity and Access Management (IAM) or security experience.
· Experience with structured authoring, DITA, Markdown, or minimalist writing.
· Experience using Git.
· Experience with enterprise documentation projects and audiences.
· Experience using Oxygen XML Editor.
· Experience restructuring existing documentation.
· Experience with content reuse.
· IT or Application support experience.
· Open PTO
· Parental Leave
· Free Healthcare Option
· 401(k) Match
· Generous Holiday Schedule
· Commuter Offset (Denver only)
· Education Reimbursement
Ping Identity is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Salary offers will be based on the candidate’s qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.