Why Join Sierra7?
Sierra7 is a Small Disabled Veteran Owned Business. We were founded in 2009 with the mission of “Serving those who Serve”. We recently received the DAV (Disabled American Veteran) award. Also, Sierra7 is ranked No. 457 out of 5,000 fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Apply today and help us with our mission of “Serving those who Serve”.
- Legal Assistance
- Financial Wellness
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Federal Holidays
- Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Education Reimbursement
- Additional Supplemental Medical Benefits
- Sierra7 University- LinkedIn Learning
About This Role
Sierra7, Inc. is seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Writer who will write, create, and develop compliant and compelling proposal content aligned with the RFP/solicitation, scope of work, technical requirements, and the overall proposal IT solution tailored to the customer. The ideal Sr. Technical Writer will possess technical writing capabilities and understand the nuances of Federal contracting/RFPs, Shipley’s proposal process, along with the importance of prioritizing tasks and completing writing assignments by requested deadlines.
Position Responsibilities (Included But Not Limited To)
- Collaborate with SMEs, conduct research, and shreds RFP requirements to develop, edit, and/or refine proposal content as assigned.
- Interview project team member to create and develop effective written content for technical, management and past performance volumes.
- Develop and translate proposal concepts by identifying and clarifying win themes, strengths, hot buttons, challenges, etc. by reviewing and analyzing solicitation documents and the PWS/SOW, and facilitating, leading, and attending strategy and solution meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering writing, review, and approval.
- Maintaining quality results by following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; and maintaining proposal support databases.
- Continuously supports process efficiencies and quality efforts to improve proposal writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approaches, coordination, and boilerplate to implement improvements.
- Support content creation, writing and editing support for other types of written responses such as Request for Information (RFIs)/Market Research, Case Studies, White Papers, as well as other Growth and Proposal initiatives and project assigned.
- Back-up support for full technical proposal copy editing to include proofreading/grammar, refining, wordsmithing, one-voicing, as well as document clean-up, prepping, and formatting proposal responses (e.g., Technical, Business, and Past Performance Volumes and other deliverables such as Key Personnel Resumes/Bios, Case Study examples, etc.)
- Participates in regular professional development training courses
- Bachelors in English or IT- related filed with 3-5 years of experience a proposal writing role.
- 3-5 years of Federal IT contracting and proposal writing experience.
- Technology Expertise (Including but not limited to: Software, DevSecOps, Cloud, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure, Project Management, Change Management, Help Desk, etc.)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office online collaboration tools such as SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
- Department of Veterans Affairs experience
- Shipley method training and/or understanding.
- APMP certification
This posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of Sierra7 and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sierra7 will not provide sponsorship for employment-based immigration benefits for this position. To be considered for this position all candidates must be a US Citizen. This position is not a C2C opportunity.
Sierra7 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.