Who We Are
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Redis is searching for an experienced Team Lead and Technical Writer to manage our technical documentation team. As a Technical Documentation Manager, you’ll lead the distributed team that produces the public, customer-facing documentation for Redis Enterprise, Redis Cloud, and Redis Open Source. If you see technical documentation as part of the audience’s learning journey and like working on the newest software technology in a startup environment, then this job is for you.
We have a passion for continuous education at Redis. Given that, the documentation team is part of the Technical Enablement group. Technical Enablement spans technical onboarding, ongoing education, training content, technical certifications, knowledge sharing, video production, and documentation.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor and help the team of technical writers to develop audience-oriented content by keeping the reader’s experience in mind.
- Gather requirements and scope the writing work together with stakeholders, like Product Management or Customer Support.
- Perform research in the context of Redis products and solutions.
- Collaborate closely with subject-matter experts, Technical Enablement Architects, UX Designers, and Marketing.
- Act as a ‘player-coach’ by authoring, editing, and reviewing technical articles.
- Support product- and solution launches with technical content.
- Develop and maintain documentation standards, style guides, and templates to ensure consistency across all technical documentation
- Oversee the operational aspects of hosting documentation sites.
What will you need to have?
- 8+ years of experience in the field of technical writing
- 5+ years as a Team Lead or Manager
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Experience documenting enterprise or open source software
- A degree in technical writing, computer science, English language, or other relevant field
It Would Be Extra Great If You
- Have experience documenting system level software (such as database systems or operating systems)
- Have developed source code examples for documentation in the past
- Know best practices about ‘docs as code’ (e.g., by having used Git, Markdown, and Hugo)
- Have experience with UX writing
As a global company, we value a culture of curiosity, diversity of thought, and innovation from our employees, customers, and partners. Redis is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where all employees’ differences are celebrated and supported, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. Redis is dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We strive to create a workplace where every voice is heard, and every idea is respected.
Redis is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodations for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to [email protected]. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
To apply for this job please visit pangian.com.