Resonant is a fast-moving tech company developing breakthrough RF chip technology for the smartphone in your pocket. As part of Murata, the #1 manufacturer of acoustic-wave filters, we are creating the next generation of filters for 5G, 6G, and Wi-Fi applications with our proprietary XBAR® technology. Resonant combines proprietary software development, unique 3D physical modeling, world class filter design, and massive cloud compute, creating a diverse and dynamic work environment. Come join us in reinventing the RF Front-End!
We are seeking a part-time (10-20 hours per week) Technical Writer to support our Engineering team. In this position you will edit and curate existing documentation so that it has a more uniform format and voice. There is opportunity to take responsibility for gathering the information to produce new content as additional tools and processes are introduced. Our team produces documentation of internal Engineering tools and processes that are written by its developers and/or users in a distributed way which leads to a very inhomogeneous knowledge base. This requires to organize, write, edit and publish operational, instructional, and engineering documentation using established standards for format.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Review, edit, and maintain documentation of Engineering tools and processes
• Ensure documentation adheres to uniform standards for writing style, format, and quality.
• Interact with project managers, Engineering staff and other teammates to ensure technical documents’ information validity.
• Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading.
• Willingness to work closely with engineers and software developers to collect and verify information.
• Ability to work with Engineering documents even though the terminology used may not be familiar.
• Demonstrated Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily MS Word and MS PowerPoint).
• Some college level writing experience.
• English major/minor preferred, but a STEM major with interest in language would also be acceptable.
• Expert ability to untangle.
• Organizational skills to successfully juggle multiple tasks.
• Familiarity with online document creation tools such as MS SharePoint and/or Atlassian Confluence
• Familiarity with engineering or scientific jargon, and/or willingness to learn.
Travel to CA offices may be required during internship.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabilities/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.