We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The ideal candidate will have proven success in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Also important in this role, is the ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and a natural desire to help people understand it. They will support the Transformation Team’s efforts for technology adoption and communications management. They will partner with product, engineering, program, and communication design leads to create clear and consistent copy standards across the O&T organization. They will develop, execute, and refine copy that promotes employees’ awareness, understanding, and usage of new technologies while minimizing audience change resistance.
Objectives of this role
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Gain deep understanding of products and services, and translate complex information into simple, polished, engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of target audience, turning insights into language for user success.
- Develop and maintain detailed database of reference materials, including research, usability tests, and specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative methods for improvement.
- Research, outline, write, and edit content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure/process documentation, technical specifications, and technical overview materials for internal communication methods (i.e., Newsletters, knowledge bases, etc.).
- Generate innovative ideas for content, workflow solutions, and alternative communication delivery methods (e.g., non-email).
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with consistent voice across all documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify documentation repositories, revise, and edit, and determine best solutions for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that adhere to organizational and legal standards and allow for easy workflow integration.
- 2+ years of experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences
- Superb written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in working with engineers to improve user experience (ex: design, UI), refine content, and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications, or relevant technical field
- Previous experience in software development
- Visual design sensibility/basic graphic design experience a plus
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.