Role And Responsibilities
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers’ training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE’s Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
Provides research and writes professional documents, including program reports and procedures, documentation and training materials. Compiles diverse policy, technical, statistical, demographic, or financial information and translates for understanding by non-technical personnel or broader use bases. Edits professional documents for context, format, flow, and integrity in conformance with best practices. Determines the suitability of material for target audience. Involved in projects from planning stage. Provides additional or missing materials and edit written copy. Incumbent must live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Coordinate, plan, organize, and direct work associated with ISG courseware prototype/production materials and ISG deliverables for US DoD and international Defense and Security customers
- Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of aircraft, machinery and other equipment.
- Observes production, developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Interviews subject matter experts and engineering personnel, and reads journals, reports and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Reviews drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance and service of aircraft and equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and technology.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- May maintain records or files of work and revisions.
- May assist in laying out material for publication.
- May edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, technical writing or technology management.
- Two (2) to Six (6) years of directly related work experience or an equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge acquired through education and experience.
- Experience developing Federal Aviation Administration Technical Manuals preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other related editing software
- Basic understanding of personal computers and a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Training Management System (TMS)
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to use online and remote collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
Successfully Perform The Essential Functions Of This Job.
- Assignment may involve standing, climbing, bending and occasionally working in cramped and/or awkward positions.
- May be required to carry weights of 40 pounds.
- Must have the ability to travel and work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to sit and operate a personal computer for long periods
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DUE TO U.S. GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS, ONLY U.S. CITIZENS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE”, we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.